Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Adele giving Crusher a hug goodbye



Crusher and Shelley



Minnie and Button and their new family, the Ryans



Minnie and Scott Ryan



Button and her new Mommy Jeannie Ryan



Mugsy and her new family, Jim & Sandy Fore



Mugsy and her new Mommy Sandy Fore



Uma and her new family, the Umiamakas



Uma and her new Mommy Amy Umiamaka


All the babies went home Saturday. We took lots of pictures and it was sad but happy. It always is. Those last few hours together are so special. The babies seem to know something is up and they hug a little tighter and we play a little longer together. I know the joy they bring into the lives of their new families so it's a happy occasion.

Taz had a rough night last night though. She kept barking and walking the hallways, getting up and down on the bed and in and out of her kiddie pool bed. She would get up on my bed and look at me expectantly as if she was waiting for them to come back. She was a fantastic little mother and I knew she'd have a hard time when they left us. It feels strange not to feel the anxiety for the puppies when I leave the house. I worried for them all the time and until I hand them over to their new families, all in one piece and healthy, it's a feeling that is hard to describe. I want to take the best care of them because I know they belong to someone else. It's the same feeling I'd get when I'd babysit for someone. As soon as they picked up their child I'd feel a whoosh of relief because I no longer had to worry about every little thing that could go wrong.

I know I'll get some sleep this week but also have to get caught up on all the projects I've set aside while I was busy with Tazzie raising this litter of babies. The wash machine was quiet today for the first time in two months. It was odd not hearing it going. My sister has her surgery this week so I'm going to be able to sit with her in the hospital without worrying for my puppies. There seems to always be something to worry about isn't there?

Adele

No comments: