Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vixen's new home



I just wanted to take a second to thank you for allowing us to adopt Vixen (we did rename here Britain)- You were absolutely right- she is a very special little girl. She is so loving and sweet. Obviously for us- it was a matter of timing given our recent loss. While we will never forget Wrigley- Britain has helped to fill the void that she left when she passed.

She is growing so quickly. She can climb the stairs already but is not ready to go down them yet. We live in a bungalow with 4 steps to the backyard and 4 to the front door so stairs are integral to the potty training eventually turning into outside. We saw Dr. G. this morning and she is already 16lbs!

I am sure you are still busy with pups so I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you again. She is in a loving home and both Jen and I are looking forward to sharing the journey of life with Britain.

She absolutely loves the bucket she took home with her. She carries it around with her from time to time. It is also where we put her toys at night which works well. We have a large basket that we normally store toys for her upstairs and have recently been using to store blankets. She climbs into that to sleep. So cute- at this size, anyway.

She is fully potty trained. She will go up and down the front stairs and up the back. Eventually she will be using the back stairs but we are making some very good progress. We are getting up with her about 3 times a night but she is making progress on that front. Jen wants to put her in the bed in the morning- but I have seen how that ends- me on like 3 inches of space!

I got my first real nip from her yesterday- on my forehead of all places.

She is happy and certainly a very confident (and determined) little girl. i would not have it any other way!

Hope all is well. Thank you again and I will not be a stranger.

Matt & Jen

No comments: