Monday, July 18, 2016

Love For A Lifetime




Dogs are a lifelong commitment. It's very sad to me when someone adopts a puppy then changes their mind and doesn't want them anymore. I tell everyone that you get what you give and like anything in life you'll get out of something what you are willing to put into it. 

More than once I've talked someone out of giving up on their new puppy only to get emails months later thanking me for not letting them rehome their puppy. It's so worth the effort to hang in there and fit these amazing creatures into your life. You become a better person and learn and grow right along with your dog. 

Animals are not here for our use, they are beings on this earth who deserve the best we have to offer and they give as much as they get. It's a privilege to share my life with my dogs and my other animals. I serve them every day and consider myself so blessed to be able to do things for them. 

 I had three human children and my dogs have been my fuzzy kids. It's crazy to even think of returning a human baby to the hospital because you can't deal with it anymore, so why would you dump a dog at a shelter because they don't "fit" into your life? 

Buying or adoption of a dog is a one way ticket my friends. Your ship has SAILED once you take that baby home. You make it work. The blessings for doing so
are immeasurable.

2 comments:

Warren A. said...

I always adopt!
I agree with you 100%!

Linda K said...

It's the same commitment as having children. It's life's gift, they deserve all we can offer them and what we receive in return is immeasurable!