Friday, April 3, 2009

Going on four weeks old!




The babies are going to be four weeks old on Sunday. The time has really flown by and I think that is partly because of Crusher being sick. We have been so focused on getting her well that everything else just waited for a while. I didn't download pictures or take very many really because Craig and I were consumed with fear over losing her. She went to the vet this past Wednesday and Dr. Joseph told me her lungs were clear but we are going to continue her antibiotics for another week just to be careful that the pneumonia doesn't return. She is so unbelievealby cute! All the babies play when they wake up now and bite on each other and their mom. It's fun to just watch them discover how to play or pounce on each other.

We have amazing families this time around too! All of them come on the weekend to visit their puppies and we are so thrilled we have found owners who love our puppies so much already. It just doesn't get any better than that for us. It's hard to believe they'll be going home at the end of this month already. Our weather has been nutty with Spring one day and Winter the next but we've managed to keep the nursery warm all the time. I'm really pleased with the set up for this litter and we'll continue to do it this way from now on. The babies have a dedicated room of the house that is kept warm and clean for them.

I've noticed something so unusual about our two little white girls. Scully and Mugsy are very attached to each other. If I put one in the play pen and leave the other in the pool they will whimper and whine until I put them back together. They sleep spooning most of the time too. If all the other puppies wake up together Scully and Mugsy sleep until they both wake up. So they eat at the same time and play together. I've never seen two babies that bonded this way before out of all the ones we've had. I wonder if it has anything to do with them both being white. Interesting.

I apologize for my lack of attention to the website and the blog. We are finally able to take deep breaths and get some sleep now that our precious little baby Crusher is going to be okay. I never prayed so hard in my LIFE!

No comments: