Friday, April 24, 2009

One more week



I only have one more week with my babies. This has been the fastest 7 weeks of my life! I can't even fathom how it's time to turn them over to their families already. I'm just not ready to do that yet. They are precious beyond belief and so fun to play with and snuggle. I put up the larger play pen yesterday and they really like it. They're running all around like a bunch of spiders pouncing on each other and being so cute it's fun to sit and watch them. I moved my rocking chair into the puppy room so I could sit with them one at a time and rock with them and just have my individual puppy time. I got emotional a few days ago looking at them all sleeping and sweet. This only happens once. Once with each litter. They're all together and don't know that soon they'll go in opposite directions and never be all together again. I felt that at my High School Graduation and several other times in my life. It's something that you live with and know that you can after going through it a few times. Giving up a baby for adoption is hard. Even a little fuzzy one. Whew. This is going to be tough.

Adele

No comments: