Sunday, June 21, 2009

Taz has a new home








Craig and I are so grateful to have found Kim and Neil Wiser. They have adopted our little Taz and she is loved and wanted. My prayers were answered completely and I couldn't be happier. I miss her so much but I know this is right and it worked out perfectly for everyone. Harley, Mugsy and Tank ran through the house last night after I took down all the baby gates from the doorways. Tank ran room to room looking for Tazzie and kept stopping to search my face for where she went. I wish sometimes I could talk to them and tell them things. Help them understand and maybe that would even help me to heal faster. You give your heart away to a beloved pet. And that's the way it should be. If I hadn't loved her so much it wouldn't hurt to let her go. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But it's better for HER. I can live with that. She is in a place where she is safe and going to be spoiled and pampered for the rest of her life. Harley wouldn't let us have Taz anymore. I won't really ever know why that happened but we learned a valuable lesson. Never allow two breeding females to become attached to each other's infants. Harley wanted Taz's babies and when she didn't get them she didn't like Taz anymore. Simple as that. I now understand the dynamics of the dog "pack" and won't be making that mistake with Mugsy and Harley. Taz was meant to be a member of the Wiser family. I knew that the minute I met them. I just feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to raise her for one and a half years and I'm so thankful for the joy she brought into our lives. She is one loved little bulldog!

Adele

No comments: