Monday, December 22, 2008

Lucie Growing Up

This is her baby picture. Lucie is the one at the top of the pile here. She was only a few days old when this was taken. Lucie is from Harley and Tank's first litter born February 10th of 2008. The following pictures show her growing up. She is so much like her father in color and like her mother in body type. She's a beautiful little girl and we love her so much. Getting to see her is such a treat for us!!











Adele and Craig,

I checked out the new website--very nice!! Miss Lucie is wonderful and we need to come visit soon. I enjoy your website so much and now we can blog as well--too fun! I promise to be better in 2009 about sending pics and coming to visit. She is such an amazing girl! I have not had her spayed yet because we are thinking about breeding her, but obviously we want to talk to you about that first! We would probably only do it once, but I do want to hear your thoughts.

See you soon,

Erin

**************************

Hi Erin,

Well having babies is a wonderful experience but you'll have to have lots of help. One of our stud families actually hired a nanny for the puppies while they both worked and hey, if you can afford it, I say go for it! It's something you'll never forget. You worry about those babies just like you would your own and I would love to see her babies!!!! Of course I'll help in any way I can so let me know what you decide. It's a pricey adventure too so be prepared with about $2000 to get the breeding and vet costs all covered. I absolutely would go to no one else but Dr. Tom Geiselhardt for any of the vet issues because he's so reasonable on cost and knowledgeable on bulldogs.

We would love to see Lucie any time you want to come by. We are empty nesters at the moment and it feels so odd after two back to back litters. Very quiet around here. The next one to breed is Taz and we'll see how that goes. Any time now and then we'll have to decide if she's ready or not. Maybe.

Thanks for the letter and we'd love some pictures. Especially that one you took when you were here where she is getting a smooch from mom and dad. I'd love to feature that one on our site. I sure have a lot of fun doing the website. I might have found my calling, or one of them!

Hugs,
Adele

******************************

Adele,

I know what a big investment it would be (both time and money)to breed Lucie so that's why we would never undertake it without talking to you guys first! We've seen, if only on the outside, what you guys have gone through and believe me, it's not something we would go into without a lot of consideration.

I actually downloaded the pics today from Lucie's last visit with you and so I have the "kissing" picture of Lucie and her Mama and Daddy to send out to you. Other cute ones as well of Craig and Lucie from that visit and of you and Lucie from when I picked her up at Dr. Tom's office. He is a terrific vet and I'm actually thinking of switching all my babies to him (only Lucie goes to him now) as my other vet is semi-retired.

I feel so fortunate that we live close by and that Lucie will always be near family. I know how committed you both are to our lovely bullies and that is special indeed. Rest assured that Lucie's well being always comes first, and we won't do anything without consulting you. I watched Lucie's birth DVD again the other night and it is very much a full time job. (She's just so beautiful, and Carson and I are such Bulldog lovers that we can't help but wish we could experience breeding her at least one time).

Merry, Merry Christmas to you, Craig and your Family. All the best in 2009 and we'll see you soon!

Erin, Alix, Tucker, Carson, Cooper, Emie, Madden and Lucie!

No comments: