Thursday, December 4, 2008

Theodore-a-bull

Yesterday was my 50th birthday and I'm so very grateful Teddy is still here with us. It would have been a very sad day without one of the puppies to hold. I guess when we figured this litter we didn't factor in that little piece of information. That on my birthday I would be going through empty nest syndrome missing the babies. In life you wonder why things happen the way they do, I know I do. I think our last family was meant to come this weekend for Teddy because I needed him this week. It's softened the blow and made it easier on the whole family to have it happen this way. Christmas is close and there are a lot of emotions running high around here right now. Our dogs are feeling the strain as well. The night Holly left us we got home after taking her to her new family and Harley wouldn't stop barking. She was growling at something in the back yard and buffed and growled so much we decided to keep her with us that night. She took hours to calm down and I kept showing her there was nothing out there and she kept barking and being upset. Craig and I took turns holding her to calm her down but I'd never seen her do that before. I think she thought someone stole Holly. She was protecting Teddy as well. It's only a guess but we think she got wigged out by losing one of her babies that night. It's so hard to not be able to explain all this to them. I wish there was some way to communicate with them and tell them what is happening. But we are grateful for Teddy. Our little Theodore-a-bull! He's beautiful and such a little charmer! Everyone loves him and he's such an arm full to hold. I'll miss him too but feel so good about his new family as well.

~Adele~

1 comment:

Roxann said...

Happy belated birthday Adele! Hope it was a wonderful and special one. I am so glad that Teddy was there to share it with you since all of the other puppies are with their new family. I believe things happen for a reason and a good reason that Teddy needed to stay with you and your family for a little while longer. Derek and I are so happy and we just can't wait to get Teddy this weekend. We want our little baby already so we can start spoiling him and giving him lots of hugs and kisses! He will be in good hands and definitely taken care of. And we will stay in touch and send you pictures of him as he gets older. Thank you for the gift of joy that you will be giving to us with this little precious puppy. Take care and we will see you in a few days.