Monday, February 2, 2009

Waiting for Taz


It's been a tense couple of weeks waiting to see if Taz is pregnant. I've been watching her and comparing her to Harley and Mugsy but she's not a whole lot different from her usual spunky and wild self. So I'm not encouraged by this. I'm thinking the other girls were sleeping a lot and had less energy at this point in their progress. Taz is so different in every way from any other dog I've ever had though. She is strong and such a little character that she could be expecting and not even show. Every dog is different. I'm sure missing having babies around here and if we aren't going to have them then I'll have to wait until the end of the year this year because Harley won't be breeding this year and Mugsy won't go into heat again until this summer. That puts our next litter at Sept or Oct. Christmas babies again. Maybe the economy will have recovered a little by then and it won't be such a scary risk doing this. Although we didn't have much trouble finding wonderful homes for Harley's last litter.

I guess I'm more than a little prejudice but I think our babies are the most beautiful bulldog puppies I've ever seen anywhere. I'm the grandma though and that means they are my little perfect angels. hahahaha When we have human babies there is just something about "yours" that makes he or she the most beautiful baby ever born. I didn't think puppies would be the same way but it's the same for me. Every baby that is born is "mine" and they are so perfect and precious. I get to love them as mine for 8 wonderful weeks and sometimes it's hard but in other ways it's enough to know we are going to give this wonderful gift to someone when they are old enough to leave us.

So we are still waiting and watching. I really think Taz's babies will be beautiful and if we don't get a litter this time we'll try again in six months with her.

Adele

No comments: