Thursday, November 13, 2008

5 Little Shadows






This morning I made the mistake of throwing on a pair of sandals with my jeans! OUCH!!! Little Bella found my toes first and then the rest of them decided they tasted better than their kibble. I was jumping and dancing around the pen and they of course thought this was GREAT fun to chase my feet. I got out of there like I was walking on hot coals. I won't make THAT mistake again! hahahaa

They are seriously cute right now!! I walk up to the little baby gates all snapped together and they swarm over to me all wanting to be picked up all at once. I reach down to pet them all and it's this soft velvet silky feeling with all of them competing for my fingers. I just feel my breath catch in my throat thinking about letting them go next week. Oh geez this is hard for me. I've gotten so close to this litter and every time it's hard but this time it's especially hard for some reason. They are my life for two months. It's true that we love whom we serve. My days are spent serving them. Cleaning them and cuddling them and feeding them and worrying about them. I dream about them at night and do laundry round the clock for them. To say I develop a love for them is the biggest understatement there is. Even writing this it's hard to see the screen because I'm a big teary eyed baby right now. Wait.... I have to blow my nose!

I wasn't going to do another litter again until the end of next year. This morning I looked at the babies and realized I wouldn't smell puppy breath for a year and it was just too long to wait. I want more. I want more babies. Oh gosh it feels selfish in some ways because of all the girls go through to have puppies, but I just love being a bulldog grandma. It's something you don't plan to do it just kind of happens to you. We started with Tank & Harley and then added Taz and Mugsy and it all mushroomed from there. Then the little ones came and it's so addictive and such a miracle! I know my friends at IPA wonder if I'll ever sell another insurance policy and I wonder that too.

How can you not love those little faces?? They are amazing. They make life amazing. Lord knows I've needed that in mine. I feel so happy that I can bring this kind of joy into someones life by giving a puppy to them that is this special.

There's nothing better in the world.

~Adele~

No comments: