Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pet Training

On Sundays Craig and I take Tank and Taz over to Petsmart for their training class. It's fun to watch them learn new things and have fun. I've been so impressed with the trainer at our location. The classes are affordable and for an 8 week session once a week it was only $110 per dog. All 8 classes for $110!! I thought that was amazing! I'd priced dog training and it's very expensive usually. Petsmart makes it affordable. We learned the first week to get the puppies to respond to the clicker and treats. They can sit, stay, leave something we don't want them to touch, lay down and keep eye contact for up to 30 seconds. It's all the basics and also how to not pull on the leash when they walk with us. I LOVE it!!! Taz loved the individual attention too. She's so smart. We did today decide to get a couple of treat holders though. I wish I'd found them sooner but we're going to take them on our walks so we can reinforce all they've learned at anytime. We just feel so much better about having them trained and under control. With four bulldogs we need some order in the house! It's so worth it to invest in your pets. Now for teaching Harley and Mugsy! Always something.

No comments: